Письменно ответьте на вопросы контрольной работы по английскому языку Olympic Movement in Russia.
1. When did the first national sports federations appear in Russia?
2. When did Russia begin to participate in the Modern Games?
3. Did Russia take part in the Olympiad before revolution?
4. When did this country re-join the Olympic family?
8. Письменно переведите следующие предложения.
1. The whole country had been preparing for this sport feast for 3 years.
9. Выпишите из первых четырех абзацев текста и переведите предложения с английского языка, в которых употреблён инфинитив.
10. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст на английском языке.
Вариант Контрольной Работы по Английскому Языку. Санкт-Петербург. Лингвистика.
1.Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык. Определите функцию инфинитива в предложении.
1. I want to know the answer.
2. They have nothing to do.
3. They are to be married soon.
4. To read is useful.
5. To master English is very important.
2.Перепишите предложения, подчеркните и определите форму инфинитива. Переведите на русский язык.
1. He is happy to have been invited there.
2. I don’t like to be asked questions.
3. He is glad to have trained at "Spartak” club.
4. She seems to be working in the lab.
5. They seem to have arrived yesterday.
3.Перепишите предложения контрольной работы по английскому языку. Переведите, обращая внимание на сложное дополнение.
1. You can’t expect me to show the best results.
2. We saw the dean enter the chair of foreign languages.
3. I want him to be a thorough athlete.
4. I believe it to be the only way in which you can win.
5. I want you to hold these rackets for me.
4.Перепишите предложения. Переведите, обращая внимание на сложное подлежащее.
1. The solution of this problem is said not to be easy.
2. Many new sports complexes are planned to be built in this country.
3. He is likely to be given this work.
4. The match proved to be final.
5. She is said to be very pretty.
5.Перепишите и переведите с английского на русский язык следующие предложения контрольной работы. Подчеркните сложную форму инфинитива с модальным глаголом.
1. Our football players could have prepared well for the Olympics.
2. You must have misunderstood me.
3. They might have already returned from the competition.
4. This athlete could have been included in our team.
5. The student of our group may have gone home.
6.Перепишите и переведите предложения с английского языка, обращая внимание на условные предложения.
1. If we had had time yesterday, we should have gone to the match.
2. If I knew English better, I would read some English books.
3. If the weather is good, the competition program will be
completed in time.
4. If she won her Olympic title with a world record it would be great.
5. If you took more exercises, you would feel better.
From the history of the Olympic Games.
The first Olympic Games were being held in Ancient Greece in 776 BC. Ifit, the king of a small state Elide on the territory of which Olympia was situated, has founded the Games in the honour of the god Zeus. The Games were being held in Olympia. The Olympic Games were held regularly once in every four years "between harvest and vintage”. This festivity consisted of the numerous religious ceremonies and sporting contests. Only freely born Greeks were taking part in the Games. Women were not participating in the Olympic Games. It was forbidden for them to attend the Olympiads even as spectators. In the first Olympic Games the athletes were competing only in running. In 394 the Rome Emperor Theodosius the First perceived a pagan ceremony in the Olympic Games and prohibited their holding. The first attempts to revive the antique Olympic Games were undertaken in the 19th century by Pierre de Coubertain. The year of the first Olympiad was called to be the year of 1896. The counting of the following Olympiads is being done starting from this year. The basics of the "Olympic Charter” were approved according to the proposal of Coubertain. In accordance with the Charter the Olympic Games are held once in every four years. The winter Olympic Games represent an independent cycle of competitions. The counting of the winter Olympics is carried on since 1924.
In these games amateurs or non-professional athletes and at present professional athletes can take part. Each country sends teams for as many of the different events as possible. The winners of each event are given a certain number of points. The International Olympic Committee decides where each Olympics will take place. They ask the city (not a country) to be the host.
The Olympic flag has a white background and in the centre there are five interlaced rings-blue, yellow, black, green and red. These rings represent the five continents joined together in the Olympic Movement. The Olympic motto is Citius- Altius- Fortius ("Faster-Higher-Stronger”).
7. Письменно ответьте на вопросы.
1. When were the first Olympic Games being held?
2. What did the festivity consist of?
3. Who could take part in the Games?
4. Who can participate in the Games?
8. Письменно переведите с английского языка следующие предложения.
1. The counting of the following Olympiads is being done starting from this year.
2. The first attempts to revive the antique Olympic Games were undertaken in the 19th century by Pierre de Coubertain.
3. In the first Olympic Games the athletes were competing only in running.
9. Найдите в тексте и письменно переведите предложения, в которых употреблён инфинитив.
10. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст контрольной работы по английскому языку.